Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is easiest way to catch thumbs without tearing tank apart

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Get a clear acrylic tube, about 1.5" diameter. Slowly lower it down over your frog until he jumps up into it. Cap ends with your hands till you get him where you want him. You can cap the first end with a piece of Saran Wrap.
This method works great without stressing your frogs. They will watch your hand but they don't even see the tube coming!

Reactions: Ed

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Its amazing how much better the tube works than a small condiment cup. Its like they go into the tube for protection. I use a tube that is a little less than 1" in diameter. I like it better because the frogs have a tough time turning around in it so I don't have to hurry to close the other end. I have even used that size to catch adult leucs.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
A good source for the clear plastic tube is a flourescent light cover. You can find them in the lighting aisle of any major home store. Just cut it down to 16 inches or so.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
When utilizing the tube method, or any other method to capture frogs within the viv, the best practice bar none is to have a spotter assist you.

JBear

Reactions: Pumilo

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
When utilizing the tube method, or any other method to capture frogs within the viv, the best practice bar none is to have a spotter assist you.

JBear
Especially for thumbnails!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts