Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VA had a 5.8 earthquake that was felt as far as NY....anyone else feel it? My whole house felt like it was swaying side to side in a breeze.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Swaying in a breeze??! My office is between Richmond and DC....whole building was shaking pretty bad. Floods of people evacuted the buildings...it honestly felt like the building was collapsing. I didn't even consider an earthquake until I was outside....

·
Registered
461 Posts
I felt it here in Big Flats(Central New York) Doors were swaying and the house creaked a bit. Once I saw it wasn't the wind, I knew it was a quake someplace. Not everyone in this area noticed it though, so it wasn't too powerful.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in Belpre OH, its litterally right across the river from WV...so it wasn't violent here...just a very creepy feeling.

Swaying in a breeze??! My office is between Richmond and DC....whole building was shaking pretty bad. Floods of people evacuted the buildings...it honestly felt like the building was collapsing. I didn't even consider an earthquake until I was outside....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Felt it here at work in New Jersey. But what I want to know is "Did anyone's FROGS predict the earthquake?"

·
Registered
298 Posts
I am in springfield, VA

I thought a helicopter was about to hit the building.

No one in NOVA expects an earth quake.

-Byron

·
Registered
261 Posts
Felt it in long island, thought the earth was gonna eat me alive

·
Registered
70 Posts
I felt it in NOVA also. At first I felt a rumbling at the bottom of my feet and I thought I was crazy or something. And then that's when everything started shaking the water in the aquariums and even the hanging lamp right above me. Pretty scary since it's not a usual occurrence here. I read on a yahoo article from AP that it was felt from between SC to Mass.

Quake rocks Washington area, felt on East Coast - Yahoo! News

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I was taking a nap and slept through it :D

I was wondering why all the picture frames were tilted until i checked my phone messages. Wish I had been awake to experience it haha

·
Registered
701 Posts
We didn't feel it but we had a 4.3 yesterday in Trinidad...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts