Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else picked up any of the recent red trivittatus imports?

Successes or failures?

Best,

David

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already picked up 2 of the WC. I was just curious how others were doing with them.

Thanks for the response.

Best,

David

·
Registered
561 Posts
Mine are great, The male calls all the time and has several different vocalizations. He even calls during the night. The female is huge right now (fingers crossed) and they exhibit breeding behavior but no eggs yet. They are a lot more active than similarly sized frogs i.e. tincs, terribilis and have grown really bold since I got them. When doing maintenance on their enclosure, I often have to push the male out of the way to get to something. I have them in a large enclosure with a stream waterfall and pond area, with multiple egg deposition sites.

I’d love to get the green morph, I just do not have the room right now for another big tank.

Ed

·
Registered
561 Posts
Here are a couple of poor pictures of my triv enclosure. It is a 40 gallon tank. I still think that it is a little small and plan to move them to either a 65 or 90 sliding front in the summer. I have the standard coco hut and flower pots (one with a hole in it and one just on it's size along with shot glasses and pill bottles hidden about the tank. I tried to label some of the the locations.

The male spends a lot of time in the higher levels of the enclosure calling. Although for this picture both are in the coco hut. The female almost never climbs. Like I said lately she is quite fat and spends most of her time in the coco hut or a large pill bottle that is in the middle of the tank. The tank still needs to grow in and I just added some new plants. The pond is about an inch deep and is the width of the tank.

These frogs are not from the recent importation, I've had them for over 6 months. I am not sure when they were imported.

Here is another view :

Ed

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nice tank! How did you do the background and the substrate for it? I like the simple tanks, especially when you are trying to breed. It seems if the tank gets too complicated it makes finding the eggs alot harder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts