Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in adding some tricolors to my collection, specifically the Santa Isabel and Salvia morphs. I am getting ready to start building a new viv for these guys and wanted to get some feedback on their behavior. I'm trying to figure out if a vertical tank would be suitable or if I should go with a more traditional setup. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just for clarification the two morphs will be housed seperately.

·
Registered
850 Posts
From what I have seen with our saint isabel's. They like to climb but not extremely high. I think something like a 29 Gal or 20 high would be great for them. They should utilize some of the vertical space but be sure to leave them plenty of ground area. Good group frog too.

Kevin Hoff

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
My tricolors...

I kept breeding groups of 5 or 6 in regular 20 gallons (not the talls, or longs, the regular 20 gallon fish tanks). Plenty of all around space for them, and I like giving them more horizontal space than a 20 high would give.

I set them up with a bunch of large leaved plants (marantas, pothos, philodendrons), used about 3 inches of gravel on the bottom as drainage, and dug out a corner for a pool of water. I've used this set up with two lines of santa isabels and salvias tricolors with great success.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts