Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked these guys up from Scott on saturday. Pretty sweet little frogs. Looks like I got a 1.2.

And a little bit of there tank. Its a 30 gallon well planted with T5 lighting.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also wondering if these guys will take care of tads in the tank? Or is it best to remove them and do it artificially?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Also wondering if these guys will take care of tads in the tank? Or is it best to remove them and do it artificially?
they will take care of them in the tank if there is a pond......They will only drop them off but the tads will survive very well and morph out without any problems.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
If there is a pond as George says. Alternatively, you can add tupperware containers in the tank and they will deposit. I always supplement the tads with normal light feedings in situ, however, I know others do not.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I agree with George and Ray: if you start pulling eggs, you will quickly be overrun with more froglets than you probably want to take care of. Also, if you need to slow down breeding, inducing a drier period and/or separating males and females can help.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I agree with George and Ray: if you start pulling eggs, you will quickly be overrun with more froglets than you probably want to take care of. Also, if you need to slow down breeding, inducing a drier period and/or separating males and females can help.
I agree...I do supplement the tads but not often..usually when I remember. Either way they usually have enough food to morph out at the proper size

1 - 10 of 10 Posts