Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
8,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Just found out I have a second breeding group of E hahneli.

Does anyone have any experience with these frogs in a colony situation? My original plan had been to add the second group of frogs to the first group of frogs (also breeding).

Anyone have any experience with these, or epips in general, in a colony situation?

s

·
Registered
308 Posts
How big are these colonies you're talking about?

I currently breed the following epi's succesfully;
E. tricolor 5.7
E. pictus (bolivia) 3.1
E. pictus (Brazil) 1.4
E.boulengeri I don't know the ratio and amount of these hopping in the tank but I've seen at least 4, I expect that there are 5 or 6 in the tank though

I'm looking to get some E. hahneli too, unfortunatly not many people breed them here in europe

Remco

·
Administrator
8,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish I could help you out Remco.

I've got two groups of 3 that breed.

Group one is 1.2. Group two is 1.1.1 (the unknown is probably a male).

I'm going to leave them split for now - if they ever stop breeding for an extended period I'll likely combine them.

Thanks for the reply!

s

·
Registered
621 Posts
I saw those listed on Herpetoligic.net once. I think he wanted $65 for them. Of course that doesnt help the euro. They are some cool frogs, and i think your best off doing what you just said scott. Keep em seperate, i was just about to add some vents to my pair to increase breeding frequency but figured id get better results with 2 groups. Good luck, these guys need to become more common, they are quite cool little frogs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts