Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Re: bolangers

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but people could not literally give those away when they came in. At least this is 1 frog that won't go extinct due to smuggling demand.
I purchased them from Bronx Reptiles for $0.99 cents each and sold them for $3.99.... I sold what I brought into the store..

Ed

·
Registered
557 Posts

I purchased them from Bronx Reptiles for $0.99 cents each and sold them for $3.99.... I sold what I brought into the store..

Ed
Bronx Reptiles... hasn't that been de-funct for years?
BTW: B.Elderman is now operating in Fla.

Sheesh, I didn't think you were that old Ed. ;)

·
Registered
19,318 Posts

Bronx Reptiles... hasn't that been de-funct for years?
BTW: B.Elderman is now operating in Fla.

Sheesh, I didn't think you were that old Ed. ;)
I remember when Bruce sold the place... I even went up and handpicked stuff a few times before he moved..

·
Registered
19,318 Posts

good old Bronx Reptiles....... those were the days

Jeremy, that is not my frog, that pic was taken in the wild when i was in Ecuador last Summer, they are everywhere in the country, seems to be the most popular frog, just like the trivs in Peru.

Don't they still think that this is a complex of cryptic species instead of one species?

·
Registered
10,094 Posts

I have no idea on that Ed, they were slight variations though from the different regions we traveled, though i failed to document them, but i had no time, unfortunately i was with my buddy and it was a birding trip, though i wanna go back so bad and make it a frogging trip and just take more time to take pics of frogs

·
Registered
10,094 Posts

Hey Ed,

Yes we should prob split this thread into a new one, sorry for the highjack.
The ones i ran into all had a similar pattern then the one pictured in the article, the slight variation were based on leg patterns, but that could also vary from frog to frog in the same regions, i was not there long enough to really take a better look at that.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

good old Bronx Reptiles....... those were the days

Jeremy, that is not my frog, that pic was taken in the wild when i was in Ecuador last Summer, they are everywhere in the country, seems to be the most popular frog, just like the trivs in Peru.
Ahh, thanks Julio. Is this a species that Mark will be getting out of Ecuador?

·
Registered
840 Posts
That's one frog I've always wanted and never been able to find. Its still on my wish list and one of the few frogs in the hobby I've never had. One of these days, hopefully.

Best,

Chuck

·
Registered
308 Posts
After moving last summer, my group of boulengeri didn't do as well as before. But, I recently found one tadpole in the water which I pulled just before metamorphosis. It's really small so I'm not sure if it'll do well.

Found a clutch of 10 well developed eggs yesterday, so I guess they're getting at it again. I'll have to save these for Ray... don't I? That shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts