Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a pair of these guys about 2 weeks ago and today I saw the male sporting two tads on his back. :D I didn't really have time to plan this and they are still in a temporary/quarantine tank. Just a few minutes ago he dropped off the two tads in the water dish. Should I leave them there or move them to a separate container? I don't have anything to make tadpole tea but I do have some blackwater extract. Would that work? These are my first PDF tadpoles. I guess I was thinking the parents would wait until I got them into their final enclosure before doing this. :D Anyway should I leave them there? I don't have any fish flake but I do have some tadpole bites. Should I feed them or wait?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I moved my anthonyi eggs to a rubbermaid container with oak leaves and an air stone. For feeding I would think that your ok with tad bites for now but mine eat just fish flakes and the leaves. I made my tadpole tea by just pouring warm water onto the leaves in the container and then letting the water cool. Hope this helps and congrats!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is what I have. The extract on the left and tadpole bites on the right. Some people have talked about oak leaves or almond leaves. These are the only leaves I have. They were sold as leaf litter, but I don't know what type of tree they came from.

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Looks like the smaller leaves are oak. How easy for you to get tads so soon!! Congrats and hope they make it to froglets, which would be about 60 days. If you boil hot water and pour it on the oak leaves, you should be fine with that after it cools down. Take pictures while they develop!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts