Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I kept looking at thumbs while building my first 10 gallon vertical tank, but have been told repeatedly I need to start with a tinc, so I think I would like a dwarf french guiana. But who sells them? and where are care sheets for them, that is if they are different than normal tincs do to their smaller size. How big do they get?

Thanks for any help,

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have four from Aaron of Aaron's frog farm (http://www.aaronsfrogfarm.com). They're out of the water now somewhere around 6 or 7 weeks...eating like crazy. I'm not sure that they are going to be that much smaller than other tincs. I think they'll be somewhat smaller. If you look at http://www.tropical-experience.nl/ they have a morph guide to Tincs and this would be the nominant variety. Also, there were a couple recent threads about these tincs just recently, so do a search. They can also be called cobalts.

Really stunning as far as the blue on their legs and underside. I do have a question to other afficianadoes of this morph...can they have cuffs?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I've had both surinam cobolt tincs and dwarf french guianan tincs and I do
not think that they are the same morph. The dwarf french guianian
tincs maxed out at about 35 mm while the cobolts are between 55 & 60 mm.
Either type is a really great frog to have although in my expierence the
dwarf tincs were much more bold.
Neither type had cuffs
Ed

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The dwarf French Guiana tinctorious and Lorenzo tinctorious are the smallest tinctorious. They behave much like other tincts but have smaller clutches. I think the biggest clutch mine laid was about 6 eggs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have cobalts (very bold and love them), they are much larger than the French Guyana/Nominat and they have less yellow. Also mine do have "cuffs", but I think that's just a natural variation and not a morph difference.

I know Matt Mirabello breeds them. He's located in New York State somewhere and can be found on Frognet. He's also got a gallery there where there may be some pictures. Look for the Geneseo Frogs album. Great guy, that's who I got my cobalt's from.

-Ben

·
Registered
403 Posts
I keep and breed the dwarf French Guiana tincs. They appear to be delicate because of their smaller size but are just as tough as any other type of tinctorius. I purchased mine from Aaron Handzlik as well, seems to be the man to get the dwarf tinctorius from. I've found clutches of eggs numbering as little as 3 and as much as 8 but most of the time she lays either 5 or 6 eggs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts