Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you know anything about the size of the dwarf cobalt tincs?
i was given some froglets, two died, three still living. two are small,
and at 6 month or so of age, wow...less then 1/2" SVL. one though,
is just over an Inch SVL. would that be a female?

could i have been given a mix of dwarf and normal size? the large one is really bossy, in fact, i had to move that one to a different vivarium as
he/she would intimidate the others, that why two died. when i got them they were all less then 3/8" SVL.

any thoughts? i got them from a guy who needed space. he said they were all dwarfs but there is a big difference is size, making that hard for me to believe.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i have 5 of the dwarf cobalts and they are adults or very close one group is laying jelly masses no eggs yet but they are all a half inch or under i would say they look like a 3-4 month old froglet. I will try to get a pick with a quarter if I remember..Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
joshua_delancey69 said:
i have 5 of the dwarf cobalts and they are adults or very close one group is laying jelly masses no eggs yet but they are all a half inch or under i would say they look like a 3-4 month old froglet. I will try to get a pick with a quarter if I remember..Hope this helps.
Josh,

Half inch adults? Do you mean an inch and a half? I have F.G. Dwarfs never seen half inch adults. Heck, even adult reticulatus are larger than that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'll post a few photo to this later. the two smaller ones are close to 1/2"
and the other one, just over an 1" SVL. maybe i got something other then what i was told. sending the photos to Devin and Marc for a pattern check...could just be that one was quite a bit older then said and maybe there were complicatins with incubation or early feeding - diet problems on the breeders side...thnx for all the help! anyone ever have feeding issues that caused smaller then normal frogs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if you dont feed an animal enough, it will stunt its growth, i think thats just about the only feeding problem ive heard of.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, i think it was a case of malnutrition as i've been feeding them every day. one is huge compared to the other two, so they were probably from two different clutches and one might have been neglected. the seller won't return any calls...go figure. thanks for the help.

now i wonder, will the two little ones ever get big enough or will they always be small? i guess it's like people, the underfed kids always look lanky...but i hope these two snap out of it. i mean they could sit on a dime.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
if they are still froglets or sub adults you can make sure and calcium their food everyday or everyother day and this will help....you can also feed pinhead crickets. but be sure to use calcium suplements.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts