Dendroboard banner

Dwarf cobalt Tincs

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  trimtrig 
#1 ·
Hello,
I recently got a pair of Dwarf Cobalt Tincs. They are about a half of inch maybe just a bit bigger. About how big do they get? I bought the pair from Waldo Pets out of Cali. These guys are great and very active.
Any info on people who keep the dwarfs would be great.
TQ

#2 ·
Tincs

Did they claim to sell you a sexed pair? I'm not too experienced with tincs, but i know they get pretty dang big, and usually pet stores will get their frogs from breeders a couple of months out of the water. Tincs also take a while to reach maturity, so don't get ready to be overloaded with eggs or anything. It's hard to be patient-- i've got some leuc's that are on the brink of maturity, and it's driving me nuts! Hope this helps

G
#3 ·
Dwarfs

The dwarf cobalts are great frogs. They tend to mature out at 1/2 the size of Surinams. Just listen for the low buzzing of the male, very typical tinc calling. Hope that you indeed did get a pair. I'm still trying to find some females for my 3 calling males.

#4 ·
dwarfs

They said that it was more than likley a pair. But they did not want to say for sure because they never caught the male calling yet. They are about 12 and a half months old now. They look like a pair as well. I really like them. they are active and out more than my azureus.
What size tank do you keep your males in/
TQ

G
#7 ·
Dwarfs

I have my 3 males in a 10 gal. heavily planted tank. They are always out climbing on pieces of wood and actively calling when misted. If I could put a pair of these together a 10 should do just fine.

#8 ·
As far as I know their is no place called Waldo Pet or Waldo frogs. They are a private breeder who sells frogs when every they have them. In fact at good prices. The Dwarf Cobalts were only $25 each in Dec at 12 months old. They post ads on Kingsnake and frog net when ever they have any thing for sale. They are located in Redlands, CA 92374
Later and Happy Frogging,
Jason Juchems

G
#9 ·
JJuchems said:
As far as I know their is no place called Waldo Pet or Waldo frogs. They are a private breeder who sells frogs when every they have them. In fact at good prices. The Dwarf Cobalts were only $25 each in Dec at 12 months old. They post ads on Kingsnake and frog net when ever they have any thing for sale. They are located in Redlands, CA 92374
Later and Happy Frogging,
Jason Juchems
WOW!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I gotta find this place!

#10 ·
Dwarfs

I bought my pair in December for 25 each. I had to wait till the weather got better to ship. I cant wait to hear the male call. They are alway seem to be at the highest point of their cage. I wonder if making a more vertical than horizontal cage would be better.
My male has more lime green where the yellow is, is this common in the cobalts? The female is just a bright yellow, great colors.
TQ

#12 ·
cobalts

I will take a pic of them over the next couple of days, thats if they cooperate. They fit perfectly on a quearter with a rim still showing. My female is a really bright neon yellow, blue and black, the male is bright blue, black and a yellow pattern fading into green down his back. I have not seen any of the other cobalts in person, just pics.
TQ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.