Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my builds this weekend. Going to build these for a shelf on my rack. More pictures to come.

Let me know what you guys think so far.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Looking good! Love home built vivs!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Looks good, I built a homemade viv with 1/4 glass and 1/8 doors. I like them nice sliding doors

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Put the back half of one of the tops on before work tonight. Notice the hole for the fan to be mounted.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Gotta love it when it passes the leak test! ;)

Looks like you've planned for a top vent?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I plan to have a 3 inch wide vent on top. I may end up closing it off depending on how the humidity looks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A little more progress and new parts.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I think I'm incredibly envious of your garage. I need to move.

Cute band aid!

I love the home builts. Its really something out of nothing. I am watching.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey sorry for the delay. I got quite a bit done today just not as much as i wanted. Had to stop to pick up a new toy for the shop. Pictures to come tomorrow.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Put in a little more work this weekend.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Niiiccccceeee! Good idea cutting the stump in half...it was pretty dense though, how did sawing it go? Orchids look good, when do the rest of the new plants come in?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sawing wasnt too tough just needed a little sanding to get it right. Waiting to hear when the other plants will ship so thats as much as i know. Going to try and do some planting this weekend.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The last pic is the new shop toy i had to pick up.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Progress is always good! I like the square fan in a round housing. ;) What tools/procedure did you use to round off the corners of your fans to get them to fit in the round housings?

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Nice shop tool but the handle grips look all wrong. I think I'd have to go with a Newcastle style grip in conjunction with an Odell Cutthroat Porter.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used a small hand saw, *****, and a dremmel to get the fans right. Those are the same fans you use. I cut everything off except the supports then cut the supports to the correct length. I have a few tap handles. Sierra nevada, dos equis, magis hat number 9, budweiser, coors light. All tap handle donations generously accepted.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If i could find a zima i would. Im already ordering a miller high life bottle opener and catch can when i order the new lines for this beast.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts