Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I have not updated my other threads, I figured I would start this one. I started setting up a frog room in my basement a couple of months ago. Right now I have two racks for vivs and a rack for food culturing. The plan is to setup two more racks for possible breeding growout. I have started insulating the room and will replace the window in the room shortly.

One rack is vert vivs and a 40br setup horz. The second rack will house nine custom built vivs.

Some pics of the progress so far:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lookin' good Don.

:cool:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like your frogroom is coming along nicely. Would love to something like that myself one day.
It can happen some day. I still have to finish framing a wall to close in the room. New window will be installed next month. Then I will finish insulating the room. I think Im just gonna put a vapor barrier up over the insulation. Insulation the ceiling and then frog proof the bottom of the walls and bottom of the door. Floor will remain concrete.

I will be able to fit a total of four 48" baker racks in there, along with a 36" rack for food culturing and maybe setup a stand I made for a saltwater tank to house a 24x18x18 exo terra for RETF.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Little update, I have the framing pretty much done. Just some more framing to install a door. I have contractor coming out soon to put the new window in the room. After that I can finish insulating and the room will be done.

I had to move the custom viv over to the other rack so I could hook it up to the MistKing system while we go away in August.

Rack plans are to have 4 10g verts, 2 20g verts and the 40br all on one rack. Six custom vivs and three 20g on the other rack.

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picked up some more 20g with the last 1$ per gallon sale. I have also added E. anthonyi "zarayunga and P. bicolor to the room. I plan on picking up some varadero and FG vents soon.

I started work on a 37gal tank I have had sitting around in my basement. I have drilled it already and plan on making it a vert for some O. pumilio. I am also going to try using coco squares on the sides from Josh's frogs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Update,

Finally finished the room. It is now enclosed and insulated. Temps seem to be holding well. I also added another rack to the room.
Ah yes, the statement that separates the frog addicts from the frog enthusiasts, I've uttered that one once or twice myself :D It's funny how it always seems to come at the end of a statement too.....

i.e., "yeah honey, I just finished putting up all the drywall, you can't see the tanks from the kitchen anymore.... I also added a new rack to the room"

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah yes, the statement that separates the frog addicts from the frog enthusiasts, I've uttered that one once or twice myself :D It's funny how it always seems to come at the end of a statement too.....

i.e., "yeah honey, I just finished putting up all the drywall, you can't see the tanks from the kitchen anymore.... I also added a new rack to the room"
How true this is. I still have room for yet......another rack :p

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
running out of room is the real problem ;)

i just recently got the first tank that there isnt room for.... now the frog room has spilled out into the livingroom.

james

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Some updated pics of frogs and the room :

Bicolors

Iquitos vent

Tarapota

E anthonyi Santa Isabel

Male leucomelas

My mints are finally starting to get their color