Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to be making my first viv soon (next week or two) i plan on making a drip background, like the one on blackjungle's website but i was wondering, if i were to put a "T" on the return line from the pump in my sump to seperate the the one return line into two and have one of the two be attached to the drip system and the other run to the top of a waterfall would this work? also if i were to use a "T" and run a drip system along with a waterfall what size pump should i be aiming for (in terms of gph) as its going to be in my sump about 2-3 feet below my display tank. thanks for any help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
was also wondering those of you that have a drip background and a sump do you have a ball-valve on the drain to control the water flow into the sump to amke sure its not draining too fast?

·
Registered
696 Posts
If you are considering spliting the output line to make a waterfall and drip wall it would work, but you need to make sure the pump is strong enough to push the water you want. When you add a "T" you are essentially cutting the flow in 1/2. There are a lot of other factors to consider as well. Such as distance and height of the the water being pumped. Let me know if you need any more help.
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts