Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into a craft store, and found a gallon bag of dried sheet moss (I've revived dead moss that I found multiple times) but my question is, when I opened the bag, it smelled very weird. Maybe a kind of perserveitive (I know that's spelled wrong...) I forgot the brand name, but it said "for decorative purposes only!" Is this viv safe?

·
Registered
85 Posts
It could also be dyed or painted. I wouldn't drop it in your viv without at least calling the company....and I still probably wouldn't after that.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I actually use it. I use it when I mount wood or bark pieces together with silicone, I cover the silicone up with pieces of this dried moss, seems rubber like some of it. It look very natural.
The new tanks are seasoned though with mistings and spray downs for what usually is 1 month before frogs are placed in.
I have never had a problem with using it.............
Hope it helps
B

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually use it. I use it when I mount wood or bark pieces together with silicone, I cover the silicone up with pieces of this dried moss, seems rubber like some of it. It look very natural.
The new tanks are seasoned though with mistings and spray downs for what usually is 1 month before frogs are placed in.
I have never had a problem with using it.............
Hope it helps
B
Did it smell funny?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I Wouldn't Trust It If It Has An Odd Odor, Best Bet Is To Contact The Company Like The Guy Before Me Posted

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trying that now, can't seem to find it lol! It's called Forest exotics or the other way around.....

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't contact them, but found it online. It's not dyed, it's real moss, some of it has fungus growing in it. I washed it off but still smells.
Deprecated Browser Error

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
why? why? why?

not viv safe or suitable these are treated with all sorts of crap and usually dyed as well.

i have LIVE moss for sale in the plants classifieds section, and its pretty darn cheap. (i also already cleaned it both physically and with Co2)

james

1 - 9 of 9 Posts