Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering wat everyone's dream frog would be
Mine probably will be
D. Pumilio Bluejeans
D. Pumilio Black and White
D. Fantasticus
Intermedius
Vents

course... i dont have the money to buy almost any of them cept the fantasticus which im gettin soon :D

G

·
0 Posts
hehehe

Just the other night I had a dream about keeping a group of histrionicus and they bred for me. So, I guess this could be my dream frog!
Had this been posted 2 weeks ago, I would have said reticulatus...but now having them in my collection has made that dream into reality...AND I WANT MORE!!!! ;)
-Bill J

G

·
0 Posts
simple

Well i know everyone wants the blue jeans these days. but...

I would rather have some really NICE looking green and bronze D. auratus. If anyone has any of these breeding i will be after 3-4 of them preferably from different stocks in 2 months, once the weather warms up here in chicago. PM me here if you do.

Stitch

·
Registered
277 Posts
bronze auratus

hey stitch,
where is chicago you locate at?i have couple of bronze auratus that might willing to sell or trade.what do you have right now?

phil

G

·
0 Posts
Well i am in Roscoe village just west of wrigley field. This is my first adventure into frog keeping.

I have the tank just about setup, i will be attaching the door tonight and ordering plants. I wanted to make sure the setup is stable before adding frogs. I do not have anything to trade yet but would be willing to pay cold hard cash. I would much rather make a drive somewhere than trust my frogs to shipping. If you want to work something out let me know. I would be willing to give/trade back any young.

Good to see other froggers around chicago.

Stitch

ps how is the selection of frog related things at Lee Watsons Reptile show?

G

·
0 Posts
dream frogs

probably retics or lamasi. Not to knock anyone's choice, but what is the big deal about pumilios anyway?

G

·
0 Posts
I think its the red color. but by that logic its similar to a power tie then.

G

·
0 Posts
Re: dream frogs

MBMcEwen said:
probably retics or lamasi. Not to knock anyone's choice, but what is the big deal about pumilios anyway?
Pumilio are high on a lot of list because it is the really the only egg-feeder that is available, for the most part.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Blue Jean Pumilio because they are the frog that got me interested the hobby!I also really like the pictures I have seen of the bulls-eye morph of Histriconicus and the polka dot version of D. Arboreus, but I have never seen those for sale, ever only a couple pictures. Right now I am wanting either some orange terribilis or some tricolors or maybe those fine spot leucs, yeah but no money and no room. Maybe someday!

G

·
0 Posts
dream frogs

I'd have to say the green pums that I'm on the list for.Been there since Sept. last year.I watched my imitators last year raise a tad in a brom axil to a froglet and it is very cool to watch them take care of it.That is why I want pums.
Mark W.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It is hard to say what one frog is my favorite. Right now I guess I would have to say Retics and they are on the way. After these guys it would be Histrionicus.

TonyT

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
so many to choose from, but here are a "few"

Ok, here is my list... and this is narrowed down from a longer list :D .

D. lamasi (standard)
D. vanzolinii
D. granuliferus

D. histrionicus (bulls eye)
D. lehmanni
D. tinctorius 'Giant Orange'

D. pumilio:
Isla Cólon
Chiriqi grande,
San Cristobal,
Guaramo,
Loma Patida (blue green)
Cerro Brucho (blue variety)
Blue Jeans

E. macero
E. haneli

M. bombetes

... so its still a little long. Can't a man dream :D ?

G

·
0 Posts
My List

My dream list would be:

Ventrimiculatus
Table Mountain Cobalt
Azureus
Black on White Auratus

:D

G

·
0 Posts
hmm my dream frogs would be:

black and white pums
blue jeans
green and blue pums
lamasi (standard morph)

Dream frogs im getting soon are..

bastimentos pums
reticulas

Oh stitch, i live around the chicago area and if you ever need help feel free to ask. Lee Watson is ok.. they have mostly snakes. Bill from quality exotics is there and he usually have a lot of aurutus. You can also check out ocean design aquarium by the hip. Thats a little closer to where you live.

G

·
0 Posts
hmm my dream frogs would be:

black and white pums
blue jeans
green and blue pums
lamasi (standard morph)

Dream frogs im getting soon are..

bastimentos pums
reticulas

Oh stitch, i live around the chicago area and if you ever need help feel free to ask. Lee Watson is ok.. they have mostly snakes. Bill from quality exotics is there and he usually have a lot of aurutus. You can also check out ocean design aquarium by the hip. Thats a little closer to where you live.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My dream dart frog(s) are:

D. fantasticus (standard morph)
D. reticulatus
D. amazonicus/ventrimaculatus "red"
D. tinctorious "Lorenzo"

D. granuliferous is also a really nice one

I definately think it's the red color that is so attractive.

So far I have:
2.2 Cobalts (males calling, but all are still a bit young to breed)
0.0.2 ventrimaculatus "standard"
0.0.1 leucomelas

G

·
0 Posts
hmmm.....
My dream frog would be Atelopus senex.... but since they are extinct they will remain a Dream Frog!

Benjamin

1 - 20 of 54 Posts