Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've been scouring the internet and the forum trying to find a solution, but no luck... I am in search of a bulkhead / drain unit that has a open/shut ball valve built in. I saw some tanks that AZDR built for almazan a while back and they had drains like this, but I can't seem to get a hold of Greg & Amanda. On the aquarium supply sites I've seen, all the ball valve stuff is a big bulky PVC inline insert. The AZDR tanks had a compact looking black 'L' shaped drain with the valve built in...

Any ideas??? Hey almazan maybe you could throw up a pic of your tank drain? Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
477 Posts
Maybe a bulkhead, then a "nipple" (short piece of pipe to go into bulkhead and then into fitting) a "street 90*" this is a fitting that has one male end and one female end. go w/ appropriate size ball valve. I guess that's the most compact way to go. Short of some kind of spigot or boiler style drain valve. Maybe a quick trip to a plumbing supply house one day. They would know what you were talking about, and hopefully where to find it.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
I sent Amanda an email for you. She has been busy the last few days so it might take a few more for her to respond.

Hi guys,

I've been scouring the internet and the forum trying to find a solution, but no luck... I am in search of a bulkhead / drain unit that has a open/shut ball valve built in. I saw some tanks that AZDR built for almazan a while back and they had drains like this, but I can't seem to get a hold of Greg & Amanda. On the aquarium supply sites I've seen, all the ball valve stuff is a big bulky PVC inline insert. The AZDR tanks had a compact looking black 'L' shaped drain with the valve built in...

Any ideas??? Hey almazan maybe you could throw up a pic of your tank drain? Thanks,

Craig

·
Registered
882 Posts
I still haven't been able to find a suitable solution myself. I'm using drains with corks in them atm. If you're able to find anything that works well without fitting tubing in between the valve and bulkhead, let me know.

-Nish

·
Registered
161 Posts
Try a homebrew shop if there is a local one. On the 5 gallon mixing buckets/fermenting buckets there is a valve for dispensing after its fermented, and needs to be bottled. They should have spare and replacement parts for it and its also foodsafe. Just explain the part, and they should show you where it is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again everyone for your input. Gold3nku5h, great idea. I guess I'm just too picky cause I work at a homebrew shop and I don't like our spigots cause they're so big and bulky! But since I haven't found anything more to my liking, I'll likey just go with it. This is the one we carry, btw: Italian Bottling Spigot

Cheers, thanks again.

Craig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts