Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was given a large piece of fake plastic wood (made for aquarium use) that would fit about perfectly into a viv I'm making. It's hollow inside so I'd need to use some GS to fill in the holes but besides that are there any negatives to using fake wood as opposed to real drift wood?
Normally I prefer the aesthetics of real vs. fake (wood! we're talking about wood here!) but this piece would fit so well that I'm really considering it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I recently was given a large piece of fake plastic wood (made for aquarium use) that would fit about perfectly into a viv I'm making. It's hollow inside so I'd need to use some GS to fill in the holes but besides that are there any negatives to using fake wood as opposed to real drift wood?
Normally I prefer the aesthetics of real vs. fake (wood! we're talking about wood here!) but this piece would fit so well that I'm really considering it.
Won't hold moisture, won't look as nice, I can imagine plants having a hard time rooting to it (compared to real wood) but I wouldn't fill it up, could hold some roots in there from plants and/or use as frog hide. Also you don't get shrooms :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts