Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Your tank isn't big enough for terribilis. Also the plants are terrible choices to keep with terribilis. They'll crush that syngonium and they won't use the broms. More than likely they'd rip them off the background trying to climb on them.

It looks pretty good for some leucs but you need some more wood branches for them to climb on. You have too much unused space.

Edit: You should also remove that ground moss and add much more leaf litter.
ok will do that. Do you think a pair of tincs would be good? Also can I put the leaf litter on top of the moss or do I have to remove the moss?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can just cover it with leaf litter. It will die and give your springtails and isopods to eat.

IMO, an 18x18" is too small for any large frog. I think a pair of leucs is the largest pair I'd put in it. You could go with a smaller auratus locale as well (but they're usually a bit shy). But no, I think a pair of tincs is too large for the tank. I had a pair of azureus in an 18x18" and I ended up moving them within 6 months. They simply deserve more space than that. The same with terribilis but with an added caveat. That small of a tank also makes it harder to control temps and humidity. The parameters for those two factors with terribilis are much more specific than other frogs. I really don't think terribilis are a good beginner frog for this reason.
oh ok fair enough thanks. I think ill go with leucs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts