Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. I've noticed some frogs carrying tads for 4 days or so. Is there any known benefit to letting the father carry the tads or what?

I have a group of gold bi-colors and one tad was on the leg of a male and I got it off and into water bc I didn't want it falling into the foliage and dying. Well two more tads just wouldn't come off. even when the male went into the water. Well today I saw the male in a water cup and one tad was in there and the other must have gotten scraped off onto a plant.

Any body have any experience with tads pulled as eggs compared to tads transported by parent?

·
Registered
564 Posts
I've always let my anthonyi male transport the tads to a deli cup filled to the brim with water. He's successfully transported clutch after clutch without problems so far. He doesn't get every tad in the water right away, it does take a few trips into the water for all the stubborn ones to fall off.

I did end up pulling 3 eggs a few days ago, but only because they started hanging off the leaf...they aren't close to hatching yet though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts