Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont want it to break or crack my tank just in case i ever want to make it into a fish tank again... so will it ruin the glass if it attaches ?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
No, it's not strong enough. It can send roots along the glass and grow to some extent, but it's easy to pull off.
i dont want it to break or crack my tank just in case i ever want to make it into a fish tank again... so will it ruin the glass if it attaches ?

·
Banned
777 Posts
No issues with it damaging glass. However, it will grow up and through screen tops. So damage to the screen is another issue.
Besides it is actually more of a pest to have in a tank as it requires constant cutting and maintaining. Good only if you need quick growth in a tank or use as a packing material.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
You can pull it off but it can leave small holdfasts behind, if allowed to hold onto the glass for a long time, these are visible as small black specks. These have to be scraped off the glass with a razor.

Ed

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Why are you bumping this when you already have 4 agreeing answers from a several well known board members?

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Ahh. Was hoping you weren't calling us a bunch of shmucks! Lol

Reactions: ruthieb
1 - 9 of 9 Posts