Dendroboard banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
One of my Gallotia has no name but the other guys do. But i like him just as much.

·
Super Moderator
2,464 Posts
One of these days when I get thumbnails I'm going to name one Gorgoloth The Elder: Eater of Hearts and Night Bringer to the Doomed Majority. Gonna have to make bigger cells on the spreadsheet though.
Those are some odd names, I might have some thumbnails available for you in the next couple of months... ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yes nothing seems to stick. He is keen and shy and very plain colored compared to the other males.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hey Betta many years ago I had a small collection of Bettas and I named them all after rock stars.

I had them in a wide tank partitioned in diagonals with plenty of visual walls (hornwort in each with malayan wood structures) so that they only displayed to each other when they felt like it.

Bettas are the best. There is an interesting chord of responsiveness and an almost cat like gestalt to their ways.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oh yeah!

Orange galacs
Clementine is lighter orange probable F lighter
color orange citrus fruit
Cara Cara is darker orange probable M bright
darker orange citrus fruit

Marbled newts
Beauty - nearly perfect symmetrical markings
Spooky - marking that looks like a ghost
Hammerhead - markings on head make T
shape
Marmy - has a more marbled appearance
Marmy is short for Marmoratus which
means marbled and is their
species name Triturus Marmoratus

I like to choose names that help me visually identify them, it's fun and it helps me monitor their individual health and behavior better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve only had 4 but I named them all. My two azureus were Hypno-Toad and Ed. My wife wanted to name one of my Patricias “Tortuga”, which is Spanish for turtle. So I named the other one Sapo, Spanish for toad. Made me laugh. It’s fun to name them and had no problems with anthropomorphism. My young son will probably like my next frogs having names also

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Zoos name their guys, even many researchers have replaced C10 and GAlpha 1 with David Greybeard, and Elise etc. Warmth, even humor, can exist with science without strain.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts