Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not talking about being glad to see you and all that like a dog or cat would. I'm just wondering if they seem to know you from someone else, even if it's just as a source of food. Do they react differently to the person that feeds them in your experience? My azureus always seem to know when it's me. They always come up to the front before I put the food in, which they don't do for anyone else.

·
Registered
221 Posts
hi,
all my larger frogs do the same. if i feed the stay in the front of the cage, and if i lay me hand down they will climb on it. when we went to nwff in august i had my mother-in-law feed for me. it was funny training her, cause all the frogs would run and hide. her comment " how come they don't hide from you". anyway, our frogs are smarter than we give them credit for.
thanks
troy

G

·
Hi,

I have a friend who has a big male azureus.
This frog eats termites in his hand. Wonderful! :shock:

It doesn't work when I try to make the same thing...

G

·
my tinc will come over and watch when im at the pc or within a few feet of her viv, like now. shes sitting watching me type away :lol:

·
Registered
545 Posts
I've had my pumilio and one of my leucs eat from my hand. My friend saw it and thought it was cool, but they didn't eat from him :D.

·
Registered
720 Posts
My azureus will often all come out when I tap on the top of their cage, I do this to let them know I am about to feed them. Also they do not shy away when I put my hands in their cage. I can actually touch them and they don't mind (not that I do this frquently). Usually I am pruning plants in their tank and have to literally move them out of my way.

·
Registered
696 Posts
My guys are still getting used to me but usually scatter a bit when I approach the cage. I'm trying to get them used to a cycle of misting then food. We'll see.
Mike

·
Registered
200 Posts
I feed just after I mist, and my azureus froglets are always waiting in the open (where I feed them) after the spraying stops.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts