Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'm curious to see how you're going to seal the contoured front. This has a lot of potential, especially since it looks to be wall-mountable. Can't say I ever remember seeing a wall-mounted vivarium before. Now if only you could hook it up to a swiveling tv-mount ;)
i have recently been thinking about making a wall mounted viv to save space. i am very interested to see how this comes out-.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
This is, indeed, going to be wall-mounted. Whether a tv-mount will do the trick or not, will be decided after I get an idea of the weight of the whole thing. But there's going to be scaping with fake rock and fake tree/root and there's going to be a pond in the bottom. And the whole thing is over 100 gals...

There's going to be live plants in there and I'm thinking I want to save some energy by mounting the thing beside a window and indeed, make a swiveling stand to be able to turn it towards the window during daylight. An electrician friend was interested in automating it for me.

Possible fauna, if any, is not decided yet. Depends a lot on if I can come up with "doors" for this beast or not.

GRIMM, humble thanks.

And thanks everyone for all the inspiration. I hope to return some.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Wow with its size and height... some nice ranitomeya of any type would be awesome in here. Some varaderos or something. Cant wait. Sealing/doors is going to be interesting though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your comments!

This is, indeed, going to be wall-mounted. Whether a tv-mount will do the trick or not, will be decided after I get an idea of the weight of the whole thing. But there's going to be scaping with fake rock and fake tree/root and there's going to be a pond in the bottom. And the whole thing is over 100 gals...
Just realised that a ceilingmount is what I need. Better than wallmount, definitely.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It would be cool.. if you were an electronics geek to drill holes in the top and install LEDS with acrylic shields (so the moisture wouldnt hurt them).. just thinking wildly here

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
WOW this thing is MOVING!!! and the quality is amazing!!! LEDs are already sealed excpet for the cath and anode connections which wouldnt be hard to mount them on the dry side of the viv. the plant growth lighting is difficult, but maybe a round CFL at the top?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It would be cool.. if you were an electronics geek to drill holes in the top and install LEDS with acrylic shields (so the moisture wouldnt hurt them).. just thinking wildly here
Ummm, I'm not an el-geek, but I do know a couple...
I'm also not too well aware of the leds these days. Do they produce enough light to grow plants without making a Swiss cheese out of the bowl?

I like the idea of leds, naturally. I pay for electricity.

WOW this thing is MOVING!!! and the quality is amazing!!! LEDs are already sealed excpet for the cath and anode connections which wouldnt be hard to mount them on the dry side of the viv. the plant growth lighting is difficult, but maybe a round CFL at the top?

Thanks, motydesign!

Round CF would definitely be nice to fix in there. Doesn't take much depth.
Gotta look into the wholesale lists to see what kind of kelvins they do.

Is that real wood? It looks like it was made for this tank.
The wood is fake. But oh, how I like your words.

Here's the scape at an early stage:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.