Dendroboard banner

Do these look like varadero or red iquitos?

3K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  JasonE 
#1 ·
I bought 2 of these guys from a reputable breeder that said they were red iquitos, when i got them i noticed they look alot like varaderos. I only have the one picture because the other one is a master at hide and seek. They are 8 months old

See less See more
#3 ·
I don't think you could say definitely...

I would say if I had to guess with no background info, it looks more like a varadero due to the orange tint and spotting/pattern, but the old line of Iquitos have a orange on them as well and the variation on the amazonica can be pretty broad in general.

If these came from a reputable breeder, why would these not be Red Iquitos? I would tend to give the source the benefit of the doubt, until you can prove otherwise.

If they call...well, then you will know for sure!

#4 ·

I would say if I had to guess with no background info, it looks more like a varadero due to the orange tint and spotting/pattern, but the old line of Iquitos have a orange on them as well and the variation on the amazonica can be pretty broad in general.

If these came from a reputable breeder, why would these not be Red Iquitos? I would tend to give the source the benefit of the doubt, until you can prove otherwise.

One is calling. I just dont know the difference in the two

#10 ·
Contact the breeder. If he's actually reputable he'll offer to exchange the frogs or compensate you in some way. Regardless of peoples' personal opinions regarding which frog is better, you didn't pay for Varadero.
I agree 100%. Either or is fine with me, i just want to know 100% what i have that way if the one im not sure of sex is not a female i can get the proper female to replace it. I definitely understand mistakes but i want to know. I have contacted the breeder and am waiting on a response.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.