Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.1 group of azureus in a 20 high. The female breeds with both of them, but its more like a flavor of the month type thing. She'll breed with one for a while, and then switch to the other one.

Anyways, they layed a clutch about 4 or 5 days ago, and I noticed that the eggs were slowly dissapearing one at a time.

I know that females do this when there are two in a viv, but do males do the same thing? If not, does anybody have any idea why this would have happened? Could they have just been tracked out of the breeding hut?

G

·
0 Posts
DaFrogMan said:
I have a 2.1 group of azureus in a 20 high. The female breeds with both of them, but its more like a flavor of the month type thing. She'll breed with one for a while, and then switch to the other one.

Anyways, they layed a clutch about 4 or 5 days ago, and I noticed that the eggs were slowly dissapearing one at a time.

I know that females do this when there are two in a viv, but do males do the same thing? If not, does anybody have any idea why this would have happened? Could they have just been tracked out of the breeding hut?
It is a scarry thing when the eggs start to disappear :shock:

G

·
0 Posts
I had a clutch of 5 eggs laid by my auratus a couple days ago. There were only 2 left the next day and only one of them ended up being any good. So one out of 5 :-o

I think there are 2 females to one male though so that's the reason. They never touched the clutch before that one though and I left it in until the tads were well developed.

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts