Dendroboard banner

Do I need RO?

2K views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Robru 
#1 ·
Does anyone uses water from one of these instead of reverse osmosis? I am in Paris, FR; my water is 7/7,5; Hard water, moderately alkaline, no chlorine.

See less See more
#6 ·
Chlorine in tap water
Eighty percent of Dutch drinking water contains no chlorine at all. Some water companies still use chlorine in the treatment of surface water, but only in very small quantities. In the case of bacterial contamination in the water supply network, which can occur suddenly due to a pipe break or work on the pipes, chlorine may be temporarily needed to kill any pathogenic bacteria. In that case it concerns very small doses that are absolutely harmless to health. You may taste this.

In the United States and in Belgium, people are used to the fact that the water tastes like chlorine. In fact, they believe that the water is of good quality if it tastes like chlorine.

#7 ·
Yeah I'm in Paris but I'm from Brazil, 20 years only on rain and spring water was very harsh to adapt to the water here in Europe, Lisbon is the worst, but with these carbon and ceramic filters it is quite good water I was thinking if I could use it, since I already have it at home

#13 ·
That is one of the larger beautiful states of Brazil. I absolutely love the beautiful rivers there (fortunately without inland vessels), nice with the water scooter out these very long rivers. Enjoy the botos and beautiful nature there. Unfortunately haven't been there, usually get on domestic flights immediately when I arrive in Rio de Janiero or Sao Paulo.

#14 ·
Unfortunately we don't have as many botos as in the north anymore, the most recent group found was in 2018 I guess... after that I don't even know if they found any others
You should go there Minas is said to be the the kitchen of the country, I really miss my home's food

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.