Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
About ready to get 3 Varadero imitators and want to make sure Im not missing anything.

Habitat -is all set, I have a Terra Biopod with a bunch of plants, including a big brom, ghost wood, and a hideout. Misting lighting etc is part of the tank. A few Jugs of distilled water

Microfauna- I seeded the tank with springtails, but it looks like i have some mites living in there as well. I have a springtail culture going for future seeding

Isopods- Im planning on throwing in about 20 and not keeeping a culture

Fruitflies- 2 cultures going sitting in a bin on DE. I aslo got the dart supplement pack form Josh's frogs.

Random other- Spray bottle, Extra leaf litter.

Any little details Im missing? Cleaning supplies?

·
Registered
208 Posts
The only cleaning supplies I use are scissors to trim plants and paper towels to clean inside glass. Good luck!

·
Registered
722 Posts
FF media & new culture containers? I assume you have them

I had a look at the supplement bundle. The herpivite doesn't carry the vit A your frogs can use (last I read) so don't trust it. It irks me they sell that bundle. All you need is 1 or 2 items off the list. The repashy calcium + is all you really need, but vit a is good to. Vit A only once a month unless they are deficient. There's plenty of threads on here about it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Second the extra cups and media for FF cultures. They disappear quick and nothing is worse than not having a culture producing some feeding time.

Not sure if you're plan is breeding but picking up some film canisters for egg/tad deposits might not be a bad idea maybe next order

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! I'll definitely do some more reading on supplements.
How can I tell if my frogs are Vit A deficient?
I got a bunch of extra FF cups and Im thinking of having 3 cultures going just for the timing of how long they take to boom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts