Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FRS "full rack shot"

1.1 Bakhuis tank,temporary excess plant tank, baby 0.0.4 leuc tank

drainage system

Bakhuis

To many PLANTS!

This is just the start finishing another 10g to finish the row off, getting another 4 10g's to do another row of horizontals above than the top row will be verts.

Current frogs-
1.1 D. Tinc "Bakhuis"
0.0.4 D. Leucomelas

Current Tads-
3- FG Vents

Current Eggs-
-Bakhuis

soon to arrive-
1.1 D. Tinc "Monts Atachi Bakka Yellowbacks"
1.1 D Tinc "Cobalt"

Wish List-
-sub adult/adult-D. Tinc "New river"/"blue sip"
1.1-Standard/Highland Lamasi
-Basti's

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice frogs man! Like that cobalt!!

Saw that you have bastimentos on your wish list.. I highly recommend them! Very awesome frogs!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Since Petco is having their $1 per gallon sale, you might wanna consider 20Gs.... only $5 more per tank over the usual price of a 10G, and the frogs will definitely use the extra room. Nice start!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice frogs man! Like that cobalt!!

Saw that you have bastimentos on your wish list.. I highly recommend them! Very awesome frogs!
Ya never thought much till I saw them in person at a meet, now im lookin for a pair!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since Petco is having their $1 per gallon sale, you might wanna consider 20Gs.... only $5 more per tank over the usual price of a 10G, and the frogs will definitely use the extra room. Nice start!
Thinkin about the 20L on the next row.. I know there will be some over hang tho

·
Registered
797 Posts
Nice work. What light is that you have running? I like how you plumbed the tanks for drainage - siphoning is a pain in the butt to me.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
running a lithonia lighting t8 with 6500k GE natural light bulbs. love it so far, runs alot cooler than most lights ive had, and it was $40 at home depot with a nice black finish. and ya I wanted all my vivs to have good drainage in mind so water wouldnt build up with heavy misting. so with the Diy ABG mix, large Hydrotron layer,and the drain the soil stays perfect.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Would you mind providing more details on how you set up those drains? In particular what type of bulkhead you used, the size and where you found them? It looks very, very clean.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would you mind providing more details on how you set up those drains? In particular what type of bulkhead you used, the size and where you found them? It looks very, very clean.

yes of course, super easy to do. I bought these http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/1-4-push-connect-bulkhead-tank-adaptor.html

drill a 3/4" hole where you want your water level to be.

apply silicone around the hole to create a gasket.

assemble the bulkhead let it cure

take some 1/4" irrigation tubing, you can get it anywhere. and then just push it in the bulkhead, then run the tube into a container, just make sure the tube is always lower than the bulkhead.

and thats pretty much it. I just have a thick later of hydrotron in the back and slowly slopes down towords the front till theres no hydrotron so it creates alittle "bog" area. The moss is taking off so it should look good!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks crystal! I actually just sold my leucs this weekend! :/

and young herp, its a 12x12x18 zoomed, check out my other thread :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts