Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Administrator
13,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is our first Video contest. The goal of this contest is to create the best DIY video related to dart frog care.

Submissions will be accepted until Sept 16th at midnight EST.

• Below are the rules and requirements for entering your submissions.
  • One video per person
  • Must be your video, and help is allowed to hold the camera or in the demonstration
  • Video must be uploaded to youtube with link emailed to the address below
  • Video must be at least 5 minutes long

Please email your submission to [email protected].

Prize is $100 gift certificate from Joshsfrogs.com.

Please do not post submissions to this thread, but if you have any questions concerning this contest feel free to post it here.

We reserve the right to adjust the rules as we go as this is our first video contest.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
At least 5 mins?! I think as long as good info or an original idea is presented, there shouldnt by any max/min time. Plus it might make it easier for more people to join in and make a vid. I have a few cool invention DIY's up my sleeve, but they definitely wont take 5 mins without a ton of boring filler material :(

·
Registered
424 Posts
I love this idea as well! I think there should be a series of videos. Everything from setting up a viv for tincs and larger ground frogs, setting up a viv for thumbnails and other smaller, arboreal frogs, to supplements, to raising different feeders. All of which would be covered in great detail. There are Lot of sources for directions, not many to explain WHY the directions are so. On e hobbyists can understand why things are as they are, they can stop asking the same questions. Brilliant contest. It's a shame it'll be so short lived.

Mark

·
Administrator
13,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We can always run another one, and store the videos.

I love this idea as well! I think there should be a series of videos. Everything from setting up a viv for tincs and larger ground frogs, setting up a viv for thumbnails and other smaller, arboreal frogs, to supplements, to raising different feeders. All of which would be covered in great detail. There are Lot of sources for directions, not many to explain WHY the directions are so. On e hobbyists can understand why things are as they are, they can stop asking the same questions. Brilliant contest. It's a shame it'll be so short lived.

Mark

·
Registered
725 Posts
Question: are we allowed to have music in the video? A ten minute slideshow would probably be boring without some jams to go along

·
Registered
725 Posts
Please do not allow slideshows. Please.
are you being serious? cuz i've literally spent at least 3 hours editing this video so far. and I'm not even done. i figured that many pictures and very detailed instructions of every little step i took would at least be somewhat helpful. If you have looked at my buttress root tree thread you can see the amount of questions being asked. I am trying to eliminate as many of those questions as i can by doing this. I don't care if i win, i would just like to help other hobbyists out. I started this project without a camera and had to use my phone for a decent amount of pitcures. More than half of the project is already done, not to mention that the first part of the project itself has at least 10-12 hours of work in it over the course of 3 weeks, and i've been meticulously documenting my every move the whole time. If you want i won't enter it in the contest, but lots of other people have already asked for a tutorial for what i am doing. If you believe my method will not be helpful in any way, then i will scrap this whole DIY tutorial all together. Maybe its just me, but i think if i put at least this much effort into my video, and if people have questions that the video will answer, i think they will take the time to watch it, and that i have the right to enter the contest. Thanks,

Ryan

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Please do not allow slideshows. Please.
I agree 100%
There should be an actual person in the video explaing things and whatnot.

Ryan
If you're gonna do a video with pics you need to have an audio track of you talking and explaining the details....not of pics then words...even still I don't think this would meet the requirements of the vid but I'm not the admin :p

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Kyle ,

Can you please put the videos up in a thread instead of storing them.
After the contest of course.
I think a lot of use would love to watch them and learn some things.
I'm really eager to see some of these vids myself.

·
Registered
725 Posts
i have a camera now, but i didn't for most of the build. otherwise i definitely would have shot video rather than pictures. Its really no problem. i was just angry when i posted before. I will still be submitting a different video into the contest though. no worries :)

·
Administrator
13,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes that is what I meant by storing them. Many times externally hosted items disappear over time.

Kyle ,

Can you please put the videos up in a thread instead of storing them.
After the contest of course.
I think a lot of use would love to watch them and learn some things.
I'm really eager to see some of these vids myself.

·
Registered
253 Posts
so how will we vote? and will they all be released at the same time so that each one has the same time to get a fair share of votes?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts