Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started my new canopy for my 20g on Sunday. Looking good so far. Im going to install power compacts, and flourescents under the hood, mounted to fans and moon lighting.

Anyway, here are some pics.

Basic skeleton outline of canopy. (i drew schematics before, but misplaced them)

Angled cut

Two days later..you can see where the edges will be to be mounted onto the aquarium, and aded the top wall. You can also see theres a hole. Ill explain that in a second.

Onto the aquarium. Fits perfect, and no shitfting.

Under..

This is why theres a hole. Im going to add a door into there, and install a lock and hinge to the canopy. The door will open up, and close down without removing it.

Therefore making it easy for maintenance.

What will go under the hood:

70% glass, 30% screen.

Just a pic of my work station...*cough* im mean room; lol.

You can see im working on the stand.

Well, thats pretty much it. Ill post some more pics of progress if anyones interested. Very easy project to do.

M.N

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Looks good sar far.

Moe said:
Just started my new canopy for my 20g on Sunday. Looking good so far. Im going to install power compacts, and flourescents under the hood, mounted to fans and moon lighting.

Anyway, here are some pics.

Basic skeleton outline of canopy. (i drew schematics before, but misplaced them)

Angled cut

Two days later..you can see where the edges will be to be mounted onto the aquarium, and aded the top wall. You can also see theres a hole. Ill explain that in a second.

Onto the aquarium. Fits perfect, and no shitfting.

Under..

This is why theres a hole. Im going to add a door into there, and install a lock and hinge to the canopy. The door will open up, and close down without removing it.

Therefore making it easy for maintenance.

What will go under the hood:

70% glass, 30% screen.

Just a pic of my work station...*cough* im mean room; lol.

You can see im working on the stand.

Well, thats pretty much it. Ill post some more pics of progress if anyones interested. Very easy project to do.

M.N

G

·
Uh, look at the original post date, the pictures have probably moved or just gone away. Maybe theperson who originally posted the pics could put them back up or host them elsewhere and edit the img links.

-tad

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry i can only dig up 3 pics. And they were from the construction phases.

Notes: In the hole you see, i added a cpu fan that fit perfectly. I also added the hinge in the back, so the top part of the hood can open and close. Next i painted the thing black and added 2x36 W CF plues moonlights.

M.N

1 - 8 of 8 Posts