Dendroboard banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,388 Posts
Well to be honest I have never really smelled it after soaking it. I didn't really have many choices though as my tank was infested with mites and the pieces were too big for the oven. I always scrub first anyway to try to get any dirt off. You could even go so far as to add dechlorinator to the pure water soak...that should take care of anything that is left over. Not that I would really recommend bleaching if you have other options, but if you have to bleach the plant, I think doing the wood would be ok if it is attached. No personal experience though, so I'm not doubting you. It would make sense if the bleach doesn't even do anything because of the organic material.

Never ever ever bake rocks.... It is hazardous to your health and to the safety of the oven. If there is water trapped inside the rock, it can cause the rock to explode as it expands and (if hot enough) turns to steam. The rock can explode after it is removed from the oven before it become cool enough to reduce the pressure from the expanding water. It can explode like a small handgernade... and the hot flying shards can really hurt you or anyone else near by.

Ed
 
41 - 42 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top