Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a nice display tank to keep 1-2 pumilio or thumbs in that would be different from my standard rectangular 10-20h verts. I was at Petco and saw this 16g Bowfront marked down from 99 to 70, which is still pretty steep for such a small tank. I asked the guy about another tank and he compared the price by scanning the on sale bowfront, discovering it was marked down AGAIN TO JUST 22 BUCKS, hood and all (though the hood is essentially useless to me due to some gaps. I couldn't pass this up, though I may consider a different use for the tank.

My question is...it's a small tank, but a good looking one. I want to have my first false bottom and water feature here but maintain a decent amount of space (and have a background). I'd like to get your opinions as to what's the best option, I'm new to anything more than just a stagnant pool.

Dripwall? Do very steep waterfalls work well? Should I hold off on false bottom/water feature for a larger tank?

I've been searching a lot about this but haven't found anything for this specific size restriction problem, so I thought it might be a useful topic.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
A trickling drip wall would be an option that would not eat too much space up. I think you should wait for a bigger tank to do a real water feature. I use false bottoms on all of my builds.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah...that's sort of what I'm thinking (about bigger water features).

I think I'll do the false bottom though, I've been taking the lazy mans way out and it's starting to bite me in the ass with having to slowly drain out swampy tanks that are starting to fill their drainage layers, especially now since I use front opening tanks.

Either that or I'll start drilling the glass, but not with this tank.

Hey, Pumilo I'll be in Denver in a few weeks for an event at my College (I'm still in post-grad denial)--got anything cool for sale?!

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Not yet, but give me a shout (pm me) if you just want to tour the frog room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts