Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just drained my fish tank today, washed it out, and got vinegar, scrubbed the glass with a sponge and rinsed with some distilled water. It still had some smudge on it. heres a picture of it http://i56.tinypic.com/314beyd.jpg
Any tips on cleaning this tank so it looks new? I don't plan on putting frogs into this tank until spring of next year only plants for now, would using windex still be a problem?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? Do you just rub lemon juice and let it air dry? or would i need distilled water again?

·
Registered
222 Posts
also scrape the glass with a razor (the kind you use for scraping windows or stickers off of stuff). this works really well for getting water deposits off the glass

·
Registered
975 Posts
The lemon juice worked pretty well for me at getting some blue algae off of some old aquarium i picked up
that would not come off otherwise. Lemon juice and a scrubbing pad and it still took some muscle but it came off. Razors do work well for lime or hard water deposits too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Depending on the substance causing the smudge, either denatured alcohol or ammonia will probably cut right through it, particularly when used in combination with a brand new flat razor blade. Pure alcohol works wonders and evaporates to nothing in seconds afterward, just keep it away from acrylic. All of our tank cleaning during / after construction is done using denatured alcohol and it removes virtually everything you can encounter safely and quickly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts