Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could possibly grow in the planter in the upper-back left? Stupid planning on my part. It’s very close to the lights (within 4” at the closest) and I’m thinking that even hardier stuff like pothos or wandering jew would burn. Any suggestions of what I could put here? Vining/trailing plants would be preferable to provide more shade to ground plants.

The lights are LEDs (spectral designs). 18x18x24 for a eurydactylodes gecko (very small gecko - delicate plant friendly).

Water World Blue Wood Sculpture

Plant Tire Light Wood Tree

·
Registered
144 Posts
What could possibly grow in the planter in the upper-back left? Stupid planning on my part. It’s very close to the lights (within 4” at the closest) and I’m thinking that even hardier stuff like pothos or wandering jew would burn. Any suggestions of what I could put here? Vining/trailing plants would be preferable to provide more shade to ground plants.

The lights are LEDs (spectral designs). 18x18x24 for a eurydactylodes gecko (very small gecko - delicate plant friendly).

View attachment 303330

View attachment 303331
wandering jew wont burn. Inch plants do fine under heavy light. Pothos is fine too, what kind of light are you using 1000W LED Grow Light? seriously!. As long as the plants have roots in moist sphagnum or soil they will do fine.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'd be inclined to cut an appropriate sized flat piece of an opaque plastic milk bottle and use it to filter out some of the brightness. If one piece doesn't work, try two etc...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Most of the plants I can think of have already been mentioned. Smaller leaved Hoyas, such as serpens, krohniana, bella, Mathilde, or carnosa, would be good choices. Various Dischidias and most Tillandsias would probably enjoy that spot as well. Some Tradescantias, and possibly some Peperomia species, would also do well.

·
Registered
39 Posts

View attachment 303330

View attachment 303331
Try adding dumb cane its going to need to be watered everyday in heat like that but it will like it ,you could put a water bowl under the plant and these plants are gorgeous and can live in water.(Its the plant on my account pic)

·
Administrator
5,116 Posts
Try adding dumb cane its going to need to be watered everyday in heat like that but it will like it ,you could put a water bowl under the plant and these plants are gorgeous and can live in water.(Its the plant on my account pic)
There's four inches of vertical clearance. Probably not enough space. ;)

Reactions: Kribensis
1 - 14 of 14 Posts