Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was all set to get my vivarium set up until I found out that the d. azureus was gonna cost me $150 each (CDN). Are there any other types of frogs that aren't so rare and expensive, but still look nice, and don't spend all day sleeping (*cough* red eyed tree frog *cough*) or hiding in the trees?
Or maybe some sort of lizard...
Thanks
-Beeswaxx

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
You can usually find auratus for half (or less) of the price of the azureus, though most morphs aren't as bold as the azureus.
You should contemplate letting you're viv grow in a little, meanwhile saving money for you're frogs. This would also give you time to keep an eye on temps and humidity, to see if you might want to fine tune the set-up a little before you have frogs to worry about. This would also give you time to seed the tank with springtails.
Another option is to keep an eye out for meetings and shows in you're area. At a lot of these, you can find really good deals.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sound like a good idea. I was planning on waiting a while anyways, But I don't think I could bring myself to spend $300 for two frogs. I will look around some more for deals.

Now, to change the subject completely...how do you seed the tank with springtails, and would this be the only food source?
Thanks
-Beeswaxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts