Dendroboard banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,153 Posts
They appear cloudy. The mother frog, either because she is a young age/not bred for long and/or lack of supplementation (namely Vitamin A, which creates strong tissue), contributes to this. High temps will also produce this result.
George's questions relate to these things.

· Registered
19,344 Posts
The temperature is about 24 º C
is true that mothers are young, it may be so, but with another female did not happen.
I give Herpetal Anphib and liquid vitamins every 10 days, although a month ago that I do not give liquid vitamins.

Often that is a result of insufficient vitamin A being supplied by the female during egg formation. The insufficient vitamin A disrupts the development of the pronephros (the pre-kidney) and the embryos die as a result before hatching.

Your supplementation rate is too low to supply sufficient vitamin A for the frogs. Under those situations, it s recommended that an additional vitamin A source be provided to the frogs. You can try dusting more frequently or use a specific product to supply the vitamin A (for example the Repashy product (see Repashy Superfoods :: RETAIL :: Vitamin A Plus - Repashy Ventures - Distributor Center) one to four times a month, or a human grade vitamin A supplement that contains retinyl palmitate or retinyl acetate). Once the eggs begin to develop normally, then you can just use the main product.

Ed

· Registered
982 Posts
Hey Ed, I recently started using the repashy A (about every two weeks) and was wondering if I am supposed to be dusting a normal amount of flies with it, or just a portion of their normal feeding?

thanks, tommy

· Registered
19,344 Posts
Hey Ed, I recently started using the repashy A (about every two weeks) and was wondering if I am supposed to be dusting a normal amount of flies with it, or just a portion of their normal feeding?

thanks, tommy
When I use it, I dust the normal portion of the flies. Others may do it differently.

Ed

· Registered
33 Posts
Do you leave the eggs in the tank? I always remove eggs from my tanks even if they are laid on a leaf. I just snip off the egg covered leaf and put it on a petri dish. I also mist my eggs daily to prevent molds, fungus, etc.

· Registered
19,344 Posts
Do you leave the eggs in the tank? I always remove eggs from my tanks even if they are laid on a leaf. I just snip off the egg covered leaf and put it on a petri dish. I also mist my eggs daily to prevent molds, fungus, etc.
The symptoms of the issue in this case are pretty clear.. the swelling of the abdomen, is classic for insufficient vitamin A.. It doesn't have anything to do with leaving the eggs in the tank or pulling them.

Ed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.