Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped a female in with my males and they went nuts, ended up having to seperate the males. There was definite breeding behavior before i seperated them, but by the next night all had stoped with the remaining pair. Were the boys just trying to show off for her because she was new? Or is it more likely they mated overnight or the next day? I saw them both out nonstop now i dont see them at all, did they do it and i just cant find the eggs?

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
You've got two guys, best friends, getting along great until they both like the same chicky-babe. Now you've got a fight! Fight's over and one has come out on top. It may not be clear which one yet, but you have a dominate and a submissive male. If you are not careful, the submissive one could slowly decline and die.
Possible that they've bred already, but not likely.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i pulled one as soon as i saw the fighting. i did however pull the apparent dominant one. should i swap them out?

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
You really think she wants to date that loser?;)
Seriously though, I usually leave the dominant one in. Seems to me he just wants to mate that much more.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it came down to which one ended up in my hand when i grabbed. i will try to catch the beta, but the tank is a mess and hard to even see them much less catch one. too many holes and hollows behind the wood.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have accidentally pulled the dominant imi out of the viv and found eggs a couple weeks later. So it is possible to have success with a beta and a female. Sometimes the most important thing is just to give them space. I would have a hard time doing the deed with a giant poking around the tank all the time. Crazy I know.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i like to watch :eek: yeah call to her...thats hot....now hop on over there and stroke her back

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
too far? ...............just trying to lighten the mood people, it rained here all day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts