Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to add some depth to the back left corner of my viv. You god have any ideas for plants or maybe construction ideas i can implement?

·
Super Moderator
3,066 Posts
If it was my tank, I might consider some maybe 2" diameter branches coming from the back toward the front, occupying the negative space. You can then put some broms or other epiphytes on them and give the frogs more places to explore.

Mark

·
Registered
63 Posts
One trick I’ve learned is that using smaller leaved plants in the rear and larger leaved plants in the front creates an appearance of depth.
Plants that look like small trees can definately fool the eye into treating those as far off in the distance.

·
Registered
592 Posts
One trick I’ve learned is that using smaller leaved plants in the rear and larger leaved plants in the front creates an appearance of depth.
Plants that look like small trees can definately fool the eye into treating those as far off in the distance.
Yes! Avoid the "stadium" look.

My first vivarium was a 75 gallon aquarium, and I did the typical short-medium-tall look. One day I was moving it and noticed how much I loved the view from the side glass- because there was depth. I now design all my vivs to have plenty of areas not visually accessible from the intended view point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts