Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I’m new to this Forum,thank you very much for having me,couple of questions:
How many green sips would you recommend to keep in 50x35x35cm vivarium?
Is true that you can keep green sips in trios even when they are adults.
Thank you

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Hi everyone,

I’m new to this Forum,thank you very much for having me,couple of questions:

How many green sips would you recommend to keep in 50x35x35cm vivarium?

Is true that you can keep green sips in trios even when they are adults.

Thank you
Welcome,

That tank isn't overly large I, personally, wouldn't keep any more than a single large bodied dart frog in that tank.
Choosing plants for a 35cm tall tank isn't very easy, most plants will grow too tall and need trimming a lot (I had this issue myself when I first started)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Have people had success with keeping trios of tinc's? Yes, and always as a 2.1 from what I've seen. I would highly recommend only keeping them as a 1.1 or 2.0 though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told that I can keep a trio in that size vivarium,but I wasn't sure but it's look like I can keep only one,shame I was hoping it could be true.
thank you both for your reply.

What species would be suitable to keep in a group(trio) in that vivarium?

Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
I wouldn't put a trio of anything in an enclosure smaller than 24x18x24 or 36x18x18. I'd sell that tank and get something larger if you're set on keeping a trio.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Best is keeping Tinctorius in pairs. Your enclosure is not large enough unfortunatly.

I keep and kept most of my tincs in pairs in a 100x50x50 cm. I also have one trio of Tinctorius Azureus 2.1 in 100x50x50, but I would never recommend it if your not experienced with Tinctorius.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
What species would be suitable to keep in a group(trio) in that vivarium?

Thanks
I don't think 35cm is suitable for most frogs tbh.. I recommend never go under 40-50cm at least.
Best for you is to focus what is the max you can give your animals in captivity, not the minimal to just simply fill a tank up..

·
Registered
513 Posts
Like others have said- that's a pretty small tank. Assuming the 50cm dimension is the vertical, I might keep a single Ranitomeya in there. And I think I'm less conservative than many others here regarding tank size.

Even if you think we're all just being overly cautious and frogs don't really need that much room and you think they would probably all get along just fine... a tank that size would also fill with poop faster than the soil/plants/microfauna could overturn it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts