Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not trying to open a can of worms, but I just found this great video of a Dendrobates mysteriosus calling. Maybe someone might need it for breeding theirs (legal or other :D )?
If loving this frog is bad, then I dont wanna be right!

YouTube - ‪Mysteriosus cantando‬‏

·
Registered
19,318 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, that would be fantastic. I just love them. I have a friend who has one and its got the most beautiful spots. It would be nice to get these legally from INIBICO

from my understanding INIBICO will be bringing some of them in the near future.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Haven't they been saying this since like 2005 though? Is there something different this year coming from the Peruvian government?
That is what I remembered, which is why I was asking if they had actually got permits this time.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
As Robb mentioned this isn't the first year that I've heard that Inbico was supposed to be able to export them.

Ed

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I'm not holding my breath....

Mystis are nice, but I just have trouble thinking they're _that_ nice.... Personally, I'm a much bigger fan of the sister species E. captivus.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I'm not holding my breath....

Mystis are nice, but I just have trouble thinking they're _that_ nice.... Personally, I'm a much bigger fan of the sister species E. captivus.
I'd be happy if i was able to get E.anthonyi 'highland'...i dont see what so "amazing" about mystis anyways...

·
Registered
10,094 Posts
I'd be happy if i was able to get E.anthonyi 'highland'...i dont see what so "amazing" about mystis anyways...
in all honesty i think is just one of those things that people want what they can't have, then ounce the hobby gets flooded with them people will start to not keep them anymore as has happened to many darts in the hobby that are not as popular with hobbyist nowadays as they used to be.

·
Registered
553 Posts
in all honesty i think is just one of those things that people want what they can't have, then ounce the hobby gets flooded with them people will start to not keep them anymore as has happened to many darts in the hobby that are not as popular with hobbyist nowadays as they used to be.
Julio,

I think you hit that right on the head. If and when they do come in they will be quite pricey (I'd imagine), but once they establish here in the states the price should drop considerably. They are supposed to be very good breeders. These are very common in Europe because they are bred so consistently. It was like when the first azureus came to the states, they ran for upwards of $250 each, now look at their prices.

I saw some in a couple of tanks from a German breeder on a visit there nearly a decade ago and he had them separated by white dots and light bluish dots. I am not aware of two different locales, but perhaps Rainer Shulte would know better.

Well, here's to hoping!..

Peter Keane

1 - 20 of 60 Posts