Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
They are a great thumbnail---they were my first ones.
They sound like a cricket and mainly call in the morning. They breed easily inside bromeliad leaves when the humidity is raised and they are not constantly stressed by intrusion every day.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Mine aren't shy at all, and have started actively calling even with my nose on the glass. Great frogs, nice sounding call as well.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have a pair. Although I love the call...I'm disappointed that they're not as bold and visible as tincs (my favorites!). They're just tiny little things that like to spend the majority of their time tucked away in the leaves which make them hard to find. Mine do breed quite easily. They've been laying about 2 eggs every 5 days since I got them a few months ago.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
How many could you put into a 18x18x18 vivarium?
I wouldn't put more then 3 at most, not to say more couldn't be added but then you can get into agression issues and fights for available space. Plus it also depends on how the viv is planted, kinds of plants, how much room the background takes up of the viv is there gonna be a water feature? All of those things takes space for frogs.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
i have a single female imi. in a 20h. she spends the vast majority of the day plastered to the front glass, and does not hide when i intrude. great frog, always visible, and those metallic hues! really want to get a male!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Imis are best in 1.1 pairs, or 0.2.

Ratios of 1.2 or 2.1 don't work with nominal R. imitators. They are said to be monogamous.

I had a 1.2 and had to sell off the extra female b/c of too much frogjitsu wrestling.

·
Registered
259 Posts
It seems like it depends on the particular frog. Some are bold some are shy. I would be curious to see how people have their tanks planted to see if that is a factor. Frogs in general seem to be more active in well planted tanks. But then other environmental factors such at humidity and temp could play a part.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts