Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i know this is possibly a stupid question, but is it alright to mix different colors of Dendrobates auratus? I ask this because i am getting those but i want different colors.
Thanks for the reply, Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well honestly i think it depends on who you talk to.......like some people think its immoral and wrong some people like the colors..........me i dont really have an opion cause if i do then someone on here wont like it

·
Registered
850 Posts
Only mix color morphs if you have no intention on breeding them. Still, I personally dislike mixed tanks. In my opinion, they are not visually attractive. They look like a hodgepodge. It takes away from the natural look of the tank. I guess thats just my opinion though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you mix the frogs, that your own business. But if they breed you should flush the eggs, and make sure no offspring are produced.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh by the way, as you may find, i and many others on this board are opposed to the idea of mixing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Goldenx, An opinion is just that. It may or may not be a fact.

You have brought me out of my lurking position to just say that one should not be intimidated by others. By expressing one's opinions, others will be able to provide evidence, by virtue of facts or other info that may have influence on your decision making.

An opinion can be changed readily by gathering information and learning. A fact can only be changed when it is proven wrong.

It's much like the only stupid question, is the one not asked.

All the above is just MHO! :?

On the subject. I'm not one for mixing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks all. I have decided not to mix the tank only due to the fact that if they did breed, i would want to keep the eggs. Also i've been looking, if your frogs do breed what do you do with the eggs? thanks again,Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Keep in mind several of the auratus morphs throw out different colored frogs from bronze to green to turquoise to blue.

If you want to do mixed colors just find a morph that naturally shows a bit of variation. It wouldn't really be "mixing" in the sense that everyone here is up in arms about.

-Tad

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You wont be able to sell the offspring of these frogs because of the fact that they will mix. Trust me, if cage conditions are correct, auratus will breed, no matter the color. Just keep this in mind if you plan to sell your froglets

joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well since he is not mixing i dont think he will have that problem,lol.
You wont be able to sell the offspring of these frogs because of the fact that they will mix. Trust me, if cage conditions are correct, auratus will breed, no matter the color. Just keep this in mind if you plan to sell your froglets

joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts