Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am ordering some Patricia's and they are both going to be babies when i receive them...What do I do if i get 2 females? I do not plan to have another tank that i can re-home it to if i were to get 2. What do you guys recommend doing if i receive 2 females? if i were to receive 2 males would that be okay or should i still stick with a male/female pair?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Two females without a male should be okay and the same if it’s two males. If you want to breed them then I would wait until they are sexable and trade on for another. If you have two females you would need to remove one to add a make or else the dominant female will kill the other less dominant female. On the other had two males could potentially live with one female although I find either pairs or all one sex works best.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a female/female pair of azureus who have been raised together since they were froglets and they have had no issues. However, if you do separate them, I wouldn’t put them back together again and I would definitely not add a male into the equation without removing one of the females. I originally started with a trio of females and there were no problems. I removed one of the three females into another enclosure for a few months though and when I put her back with the other two they went at it so I separated them again. Tincs can have some crazy social dynamics so does always pay to have a backup vivarium just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts