Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The vivarium I have is a a naturalistic habitat but I was wondering about throwing in a resin Fish/reptile decor. I'm waiting on my local store to get Cocohuts, and while I have cork hides and lots of leaf litter, ii found a "coffee cup" hide that I would like to use. It is resin and is open at both ends but long enough to give them proper hiding space. Thoughts? Advice? Product Font Adhesive Line Gaffer tape

·
Administrator
7,010 Posts
No real reason not to use the coffee cup thing (though there's a real reason to not give any money to Petco, as they've damaged our hobbies and our animals badly). The money spent on the cup would be better spent on something more functional, like a branchy ghostwood piece, but I'm not sure this is an either/or situation (so, cup for you and climbing wood for the frogs?).

I'm not a proponent of actually providing intentional "hides" since my darts find little spots in the viv that I never knew existed; I just try to make it natural and random and give lots of irregular hardscape and let them figure out how they want to use it. But that's just me. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts