Dendroboard banner

Decisions Decisions...

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  erlese 
#1 ·
So, I bought a 125 gallon tank from chris at Dartfrog Depot and I have no idea what to put in it. For pictures and video of the tank go here:
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/sponsor-classifieds/66562-dartfrog-depot-inventory-selloff.html

Now, I reused all the plants and just rearranged all the plants and added 2 cypress knees I ordered from Josh's. My question is what to put in this bad boy. I basically have all the frogs I feel I HAVE to have... I'm open to just about all PDF's and possibly Mantellas if they will do well in this thing. Lot's of stuff to climb around on and lots of floor space. I want to put a good group frog in here that likes to remain visible. What's the use of a huge tank with invisible frogs right? I have mint Terribilis, Leucs, Auratus, and Matechos already. I like the idea of a large group of thumb sized frogs because they climb around so much, but I'm not sure of a type that would do well in this particular setup. Help me out guys, what is my perfect frog for this tank? I will post pics of how I have it setup as soon as I get to Lowe's early this week and pick up some shop lights.

#7 ·
IM VERY JEALOUS!!!! LOL... maybe some Epipedobates tricolors??? maybe you have some already.. or not into this type.. I would suggest a group of four to six of these, in a good size tank, say a thirty gallon long or larger . This is a great group frog, and has a nice call. They can be very active and interesting to watch, especially when they are breeding....i don't know... just thought I would throw an idea in.

#11 ·
I know Patrick Nabors Saurian Enterprises, Inc ( has 10 of them) I would buy them :-(
But I'm in moving transition. ( dammnit) I am having Patrick build a custom Job. But every frog I bought

From him ( always come looking VERY healthy)Saurian Enterprises, Inc :: Dart Frogs and other Frogs :: Sexed Individual and Pairs of Larger Dart Frogs :: Tricolor Dart frogs

I would be very Jealous !!! If you bought the lot... But I can't ( until mid summer)

If you decide to go this route.. Say Hi to Patrick and Tell him David Gregory sent you over.

Enjoy them!!!

#12 ·
Well.. They are on the smaller scale and you have an AWESOME size for a group of 8.. The water on the background is a huge plus!! :)

I also know toxicfrogaddiction.com has some Tricolors.
Their " trill" call is down right awesome!!!

YouTube them.. ( which I'm sure you have already)

#14 ·
Not fare... " Joke"

Hope he does give you a discount..

Question: ur to tri colors.. Do you know anything about those environmental control kits ( I keep seeing advertised on here?? Any good or bad??

#15 ·
I've looked into them, but the price just seems not worth it right now for me atleast. I like misting myself and lights are all on timers. Only thing I would want it for would be a thermostat to control fans and heaters. And it really wouldn't be too hard to rig up a household digital one to do that.

#16 ·
Ok...Thang for the info... I'm bagging it and going your method...( I'm with you.. So expensive) Thanks... ( I could and should save my money)

Let me know if Patrick gives a discount ( I think he would) here's hoping!!

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.