Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day five, Still no electric,heat,water,sewer, DB, food. No sign of any utility trucks in the area. roads closed, wires down, poles snapped in half! Managed to only lose a few froglets. In the middle of the first night woke up and decided to run as many tanks down to my basementas I could carry. Some are to big. It will stay warmer. The problem is very limited light in order to feed them. My dog dexter is starting to look like a golden roasted chicken!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Bloomsbury. Northwest central hahah. Pickup a friends generator this afternoon. can run computer and a couple lights. thats about it. Its been getting down to mid 50s in here at night. frog rm about 62. they seem to be handling it well. even call in the afternoon.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hang in I was out for 5 day as well just got restored a half hour ago. So far I lost some tads but I am not done looking...Gl fellow nj guy....

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, Day 6 no sign of utility trucks in 5 mile radius. spoke to brother in lebanon twsp and mom in califon, same boat no electric and no sign of anything being done. i think jcpl is putting out bogus numbers. spotted coffin flies buzzing around head and buzzards circling house.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I truly feel for you. I think my family (including myself) would go absolutely bonkers and turn feral if we had to go more than 24 hours without electric! We recently had our electric company working in our area and they let us know that they'd be turning off the electric for about 6 hours in the middle of the night...you'd swear we were preparing for a major catastrophic disaster by looking at everything we got ready for "just in case"! Lol!

·
Registered
502 Posts
My family back in NJ just got power back yesterday so it shouldn't be too long before you do too, hopefully!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
That sucks! I remember when I had a bunch of salt water reef tanks. I would sweat it if the power was off for a hour or two. But 6 days, WOW!!! :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts