Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was cleaning the glass on my vent tank today and when i finished i had a look inside just to see where the frogs were,i couldnt see my female at first(she is very shy) and then i saw her in one of the broms and her head was 1 to 1 1/2 cm under water and she stayed there for a good 30 seconds to 1 minute :shock: , didnt think they could stay under water, has anyone else seen this
many thanks
hamo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have seen vents dive into deep water, swim around, chill at the bottom, and then resurface. On one of the first posts on the board, I made this observation. You can do a search on aquatic vents to find it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen vents dive into deep water, swim around, chill at the bottom, and then resurface. On one of the first posts on the board, I made this observation. You can do a search on aquatic vents to find it.
thanks m8 good to know i havn`t got a suicidal frog :lol:

I've seen our imitators do something similar. Kinda gets you worried at first huh?!
yep it does get you worried at first

hamo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of my auratus just did something similar. he kind of burrowed into the java moss under the water and stayed there for at least 30 seconds. Very interesting.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
The water area in my azureus tank is about 1" deep. FFs often fall in the water, and they hop out in the middle to get them. One time one of them must have seen something interesting on the bottom, because she ducked her head under for a good minute or so. I was starting to get worried, when she popped back up again and hopped around like nothing happened.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts