Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's early in the morning and you see your favourite dartfrog behaving strangely. Should you panic? No, it's probably just shedding it's skin, as shown in this nice video:

More...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Im so glad this video was here. I though my frog had gotten tangeled up in something slimy. Then he jumped into a puddle, wiggled and was fine. He was just shedding. First time Ive seen it in person. Freaked me out but I know my kids are growing up. ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had read about darts shedding and know its normal but didn't know what it would look like. Now that I know I won't freak out if I ever see my darts shedding haha :)

·
Registered
981 Posts
I don't know what to say....I have personally seen my frog choke on a strand of sphagnum moss (while attempting to eat a fly) and go through this exact same process...with the moss hanging out on his side like that too! After a couple of minutes, I worried he couldn't ingest it, so I literally pulled the moss from his mouth...everything that just happened looked exactly the same. Incredible. I guess if they could handle a big ass pile of skin like that, then I didn't really need to pull all the sphagnum out! Haha, nice vid!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts