Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok just when I thought everything was settled.

i have a problem here.... with food.
what exactly should they be fed? i was told week old crickets... the thing about this is, i cant be making weekly trips to a pet store for this.. let's not ask why, that's not important.

but i dont know where this leaves me... if i were to buy food for them, I am assuming its all live food? ive heard of fruit flies.. but i dont want flies in the house.. i mean, how is this done? is it noisy/stinky/messy? if the feeding aspect of this hobby prevents me from setting up a vivarium i will be upset, but as Isaid.. I cannot be making weekly trips to a pet store for live food.

am i hooped? :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry, new to the site... would you mind pointing me in the right direction?
also, how can they help me exactly? i know this is an odd issue to have... but if i can find a way to not have to go out and purchase live crickets, etc.. then i will do it gurantedd.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
It's further down on the main page. Click Forum up at the top, then scroll down to the Food section, click on that, and the FAQ is stickied at the top of the page.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Buy the supplies and breed your own flies, unless you want to get monthly shipments of fruit flies you have to breed your own. Its just part of the hobby, 99% of all froggers breed fruit flies, i bet. It is not hard or expensive, just something froggers have to do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello OCDP
I am from Calgary, and if you need to set up with fruit flies, I can asist you with information and personal testimony on how easy it is to do. It is not as bad as you think. I can also point you in the right direction with who to buy from. It is the most important part of the hobby as the frogs need to eat. Let me know if I can be of some help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello dreamweefer,

I would love some further assistance with the whole culturing of fruit flies. I am still unsure of many things... and just an FYI, I only plan on keeping two frogs. I am sure it's not as bad as it sounds, but it does sound kind of weird, breeding flies in the house :? but it's what they eat so it must be done!

You can PM me if you want to. Thanks for the helping hand.

·
Registered
116 Posts
hey there

if you can't go to the pet store to get crickets, http://www.lllreptile.com delivers crickets to my doorstep. they are cheaper than pet store crickets and can be a supplement to using fruitflys. its been great and they are NEVER late on shipping. i have used them for a while and their customer service is great. the only problem i ever run into is how FAST my darts eat 1000 crickets! :shock:

best, ~Lauren

1 - 10 of 10 Posts